Friday, May 4, 2012

The Last Month

Exactly one month from now
I won't be able to see these faces
for a period of 6months long
 (From left) Yuen, Me, Dad, Mei,Mom
Bro and his gf (Lena)

So..
I whipped up a dinner as my own farewell in advance
This would not be a success without Lena for accompanying me in grocery shopping
and Yuen, who helped walk up and down to pass things and ingredients to me.
Finally, thanks for everyone (Yuen, Mei and Mom) who helped finished the dinner and washed the dishes.

What i made today:
For starter,
Prawn salad with citron vinaigrette that i bought from France

 I separated them in case my sisters wanted to deep the prawns in mayo

Main course was
Chicken stuffed with Pilaf Rice and Parmesan Cheese
The reaction i got from this dish was unexpected.
My mom and bro liked the sauce and the texture of the chicken
Which is quite funny, because I thought i overcooked it 
><

The other main course is 
Dory fillet with lemon butter sauce

I had to make two choices because my sister is a pescatarian
My main accomplishment here is the sauce
Because i have never made a successful butter sauce before
Since diploma, my beurre blanc would always split
Now, I can't use alcohol cause i have an underage sister
Therefore white wine is substituted with lemon juice
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
It's more sour than expected but my mom liked it..
Haha..

Finally, dessert
Let's just say it's meringue with custard?
The custard sauce failed but 
It is still edible
and my family loved it so..
what the heck 
=)

The ingredients used for these dishes are posted up on my food blog

Sadly,we did not take a family photo and dad was not here =(

No comments:

Post a Comment